Dear Hellenic Society for Microbiology colleagues
There are only two weeks for your members to submit applications for ISAC Project Grants for research in or involving a low- to middle- income country.
As ISAC Project Grants are exclusively available to applicants from ISAC Member Societies, we would be grateful if you could share this exciting opportunity with your members.
It is easy to apply and this year, applications are invited for between £10,000 – £20,000, an increase from previous years.
The deadline to apply is 1 September 2023.
Aim of Research Project
Applicants are required to demonstrate that ISAC funds will be utilised for a clearly defined piece of research, which will have an identifiable outcome on completion of the work. At least one country involved must be a low- to middle- income country.
Research projects should address one of the three following areas:
* What are feasible and effective prevention strategies to prevent transmission of (resistant) pathogens in low resource settings?
* What basic laboratory support does a healthcare system minimally need to tackle infectious diseases?
* How do we improve antimicrobial use worldwide to ensure it is delivered only to those who need it?
* Projects can last up to 24 months.
* 6-monthly updates are required.
* Funds can be used for staff or materials.
* At least two countries should be involved in the project of which at least one is a low- or middle-income country.
Eligibility of applicants
* Principal applicant must be a member of an ISAC Member Society. Visit the website to see the list of ISAC Member Societies and to find out how to join ISAC for free.
* Other applicants do not need to be a member of an ISAC Member Society.
* The principal applicant must be the principal investigator on the intended research.
* At least one investigator involved must be a low- to middle- income country.
* Only one application per person is allowed.
Visit the website to download an application form.
ISAC unites infectious disease and microbiology societies around the world.